HEAD OF FINANCE
Devon County Agricultural Association
Job Title: Head of Finance
Location: Westpoint, Clyst St Mary, Exeter EX5 1DJ
Line Manager: Association Secretary/Chief Executive
The Devon County Agricultural Association is a 2.3m turnover charity which meets its primary charitable objectives by holding and running the County Show in May. Overseen by a Council of Trustees, the Board of Management have delegated powers to ensure that the Chief Executive and staff have sufficient resource and direction to run the Show each May, and also that subsidiary Westpoint Centre (Devon) Ltd maximise opportunities for income the remainder of the year.
- Supporting the Chief Executive with all financial aspects regarding the County Show and Westpoint Centre Ltd
- The financial record keeping and accounting for the activities of the DCAA and its wholly owned subsidiary, Westpoint Centre (Devon) Ltd.
- Working closely with all staff to seek out efficiencies for the accounting process utilising existing software (Sage and Show software Show Biz)
- Regular liaison with the Honorary Treasurer and the wider Board
- Close involvement in Show budgeting, work with and support the Show Manager with contracts and financial negotiation
- Flexible working hours based initially around a 35-hour week. Part time working will be possible reflecting seasonal variations in the workload and with a growing understanding of the role
- Monthly/Quarterly Management accounts preparation
- Budget preparation with CEO and Honorary Treasurer
- Preparation of records for annual audit
- Maintenance of accounting records and hands on control of all income and expenditure
- Compliance returns: VAT and Charity Commission
- Reconciliation of bank accounts
- Credit control
- Invoice control/approval process
- Bacs/cheque payments
- Administration of payroll
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualified
- Excellent IT skills and a confident user of Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management skills with an adaptable approach to work
- Strong attention to detail skills with the ability to prioritise and think creatively
- Experience of working with Sage
General attributes: You will be joining a small team and will need to be a team player, positive and progressive.
Application: by CV, with optional covering letter to [email protected]
Salary: up to £35,000 pro rata.