Last call for trade stands at Devon’s largest annual event
South West and national businesses are invited to take part in Devon’s largest annual event – the Devon County Show on May 18, 19 and 20.
Show Secretary Ollie Allen said: “The Show has made extra trade stand space available this year because of demand and, so very unusually, we are in a position to accept some last minute applications.”
The 122nd Show offers a footfall of more than 90,000, several miles of avenues and a trade stand mix of large companies and small businesses.
“We especially champion local businesses and artisans - it’s what we’re all about but it is also a great opportunity for national companies to promote their wares to the people of Devon and beyond.” added Ollie. “The last research into the economic impact of the Show put our contribution at more than £10 million and we want to make that potential available to more.”
The County Show is one of the South West’s most impressive rural shop windows, showcasing hand-reared livestock, the finest food and drink and rural living at its most vibrant all in a fun-packed day.
Visitors will include Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex, who is the Devon County Agricultural Association President and will be at the Show for two days. The Countess is a keen supporter of British agriculture in general and agricultural shows in particular.
Businesses interested in taking part should contact the Show’s trade stand co-ordinator - Kayleigh Burn on 01392 353706 or [email protected]
- Media interested in attending the event should apply for press accreditation badges via the Devon County Show website devoncountyshow.co.uk
- Approved images and further event information can be found on the website.
- Devon County Show - May 18-20 at Westpoint, Exeter
- This is the 122nd Show - the first was held in 1872
- The Devon County is one of the South West's most iconic and enduring annual events attracting up to 95,000 people.
- The Show is an impressive rural show window showcasing award-winning livestock, the finest food and drink and rural living at its most vibrant
- The County Show is the flagship event of the Devon County Agricultural Association (DCAA), which has played a leading role in the development of agriculture, education and the rural economy in Devon since its formation in 1872.
- HRH The Countess of Wessex is the President of the DCAA for a one-year term which started in January 2017.